Monday, November 12, 2012

Particle Dance



 
      

     Finally, after 4 months of work I have finished my second kinetic sculpture. It is made with 8 plastic hobby gears and 16 pairs of wooden off-set cams and followers to create the up-and-down, spinning motion of the sculptural parts. I got the idea for this motion from websites such as Automata.
    I did a lot of surfing the web looking at what other artists are doing with motion. Cabaret Mechanical Theatre is a great site with a lot of resources. I cannot recommend it highly enough. I am pretty pleased with the latest result of my efforts. You can see it in action at my You Tube channel. The next step is to refine this further, make it bigger and, possibly as a relief to hang on the wall.


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see it in action -- looks very high tech and fun. Kudos to you for working through this and getting it to work. I actually like the image with the side open so the gears are visible, just in case you were thinking of exhibiting it that way.

    ReplyDelete