Tuesday, February 9, 2010


I have had this urge for some years to make my work move...literally. I bought this former cassette recorder last weekend at a thrift store and took it appart to see if I could re-use the motor and other parts (my old electric toothbrush is next). I know nothing about electronics but that's half the fun. Now if I only know where I put my soldering iron.

Have you seen the work of Arthur Ganson? It is some of the most hilarious, spooky, erotic, mesmerizing kinetic art. Check out the video's of his machines:

http://www.arthurganson.com/pages/Sculptures.html

Which one is my favorite? Hmmmmmmmm......

I am not interested in making "machine" art. I want the mechanism to be as inconspicuous as possible. Honestly if I knew an engineer who wanted to collaborate that would be just the ticket...Let me know if you know anybody who knows about hobby electronics cause I could sure use some guidance here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paul, I was poking around on the moly_x groups and wondered what you were up to and it led me here. I'd never seen Ganson's work before so I just wanted to say thanks for posting this. His machines are mesmerizing! Sometimes I love the internet.

    ReplyDelete